A car accident is a very unnerving experience for even the most seasoned Edmonton driver. Emotions run high and seeing damage to your vehicle significantly adds to the stress of the incident. Once you have made sure there are no injuries involved, Jaehn's Autobody is here to help.
If your collision occurs during business hours, call your Jaehn's Autobody team at 780-481-1200. We can help you through the towing procedure. If your collision happens after business hours, the following steps will get you started in the process:
- Contact Cliff’s Towing Company 1-866-454-6737.
- Remove all of your personal items from your vehicle. Be sure you remove essential items such as keys, chargers and any items of value.
- You will be given a police sticker; make sure the sticker is in your vehicle.
- Give a set of your vehicle keys to the tow truck driver.
- Call Jaehn's Autobody or contact us with your name, number, make and model of your vehicle, your plate number, and insurance information
We understand it's difficult to remember details when a collision occurs so we have assembled some important tips to help you get through the initial moments after your accident:
- Check for injuries with any persons involved in the collision. Do NOT administer first aid unless you are fully qualified to do so.
- If your vehicle is operational, move it to the roadside so it is not obstructing traffic. Turn off the ignition once it is parked.
- Call the police, even if the damage seems minor.
- Exchange contact and insurance information with other drivers involved in your accident.
- Make notes about the accident to the best of your ability, describing how it happened, where each person was seated, etc.
- Call Jaehn's Autobody or a trusted tow service.
- Write down the police incident number.
- Notify your insurance company.
- Do NOT admit fault, offer to pay damages or deny injuries when talking to other parties involved.
Don't let the stress of a collision wear you down. Your expert autobody repair technicians at Jaehn's, Edmonton are here to help.